Book Club Kits
What is a Book Club Kit?
• Yuma County Library District now offers kits of 8 paperback books for neighborhood book clubs to check out.
• Book Club Kits may be reserved up to a year in advance. Each patron may check out up to 12 Book Club Kits per year. Only one Book Club Kit may be checked out per card at a time.
• All Book Club Kits circulate for 6 weeks.
• The person checking out the Kit is responsible for making sure all 8 books are returned with the Kit.
How do I reserve a Book Club Kit?
• Click the link on the top of this page marked “Reserve a Book Club Kit!”. This will take you to our Kit reservation page.
• Select which Kit you would like to reserve and on what date you want to come pick it up.
• The page lets you choose which of these options you pick first – you can see a list of the Kits, pick a Kit from a drop-down list, or see which Kits are available on a specific date.
• The site will ask for a “barcode”. Put in your library card number. Then click “Continue” on the screen that comes up saying “Library Card Verified.”
• A page titled “Kit Reservation Form” will appear. Check to make sure your information is correct and select the Branch where you’d like to pick up the kit. Provide an email address if possible.
• Click “Reserve this Kit”.
• Call 928-314-2453 at least two weeks in advance of your pickup date if you’d like to delete your reservation.
• You will be notified by email if the Book Club Kit you reserved will be unavailable.
How do I check out a Book Club Kit I reserved?
• You will be emailed when the Kit is available for you to pick up at the Branch you specified. Please visit that Branch within 10 days of receiving this email.
• Pick up your Kit at the Information Desk of the Branch you specified. If your Branch doesn’t have an Information Desk, visit the Circulation Desk instead.
• The Kit will be checked out on your library card for 6 weeks.
How do I keep track of the books within the Book Club Kit?
• The individual books within the Book Club Kit do not have checkout information on them. Any individual books returned to any Yuma County Library will be sent back to the Main Library.
• The Main Library will alert you that we have the book.
• A checkout template for Book Club books is available here. Feel free to use it with your club.
How do I return a Book Club Kit?
• Return your Kit to the Information Desk of the Branch you specified. If your Branch doesn’t have an Information Desk, visit the Circulation Desk instead.
• There is a $5/copy flat rate for missing books, or books damaged beyond repair.
• Book Clubs reserve Kits in advance in the expectations they will be available. Please do your best to spread the love of reading in Yuma and return your Kits on time.
I have a problem or a question!
• Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Book Club Kit troubleshooting. Please include any error messages in your email, if possible.