We offer a variety of one-hour computer classes throughout the library district. Classes are free to the public and usually do not require registration. Class offerings vary between libraries. Please check the Computer Schedule Calendar on the yumalibrary.org website for dates and times. Some classes are also offered in Spanish.
Never used a computer before? Start with the basics!
- Mouse Basics
- Computer Basics
- Internet Basics
Other class topics include (but are not limited to):
- Internet Searching
- Basic e-mail
- File Management
- Social Networking
- Internet Security
- Microsoft Office
- Job Searching
- The Library Catalog
- Library Databases
- Google Earth
Computer Class F.A.Q.
• Are the computer classes and programs free at the library?
Yes, all programs and classes are free in the library.
• Where can I find a list of computer classes, with their times and locations?
They are printed in the monthly calendar available at each branch. You can also find them in the library website homepage under “Computer Schedule Calendar.”
• Who teaches your computer classes?
Librarians and staff members.
• Do I need to preregister for a computer class?
Most of our classes do not require preregistration. Those that do will specify who to contact.
• If I don’t “get it the first time”, can I come back again?
We encourage people to come as often as they need to our computer classes.
• Are there some classes that I should take first?
Yes, unless you already know, then no. The basic beginning courses should start with Mouse & Keyboard Basics, then progress to Computer Basics, and Internet Basics.
• How many people are there in a class?
This will depend on the branch. At Main, there are twelve computer seats available in the computer lab.
• Can I bring my laptop to the class?
It is not necessary, but you can if you want!