Participate in fan panels, games, crafts, and cosplay! All attendees will receive a free comic book (while supplies last). All ages welcome. There is no charge to attend.
Keynote speaker Tom Leveen was born and raised in Arizona, and is best known for his Young Adult novels, including Random, Party, Zero, and Sick. Tom has more than twenty-two years of theatre experience as an actor and director, and is the former Artistic Director of two companies. Books will be available for purchase, and book signings will take place after each presentation.
Yuma County Library Comic Con is sponsored by the Friends of Yuma County Libraries, Inc. and Fan-Quest Comics and Games. Funding for Tom Leveen was made possible by the Arizona Humanities Council.
Comic Con Rules
1. Masks are not allowed in the library. For photo purposes, you may put the mask on, but you must take it off after the photo is taken.
2. Weapons must be made of foam or soft material and must look fake. We reserve the right to hold them until the con is over or until you leave.
3. Before you enter the con area, you must have your weapon checked by staff. Upon approval, staff will tie ribbon around the weapon to notify other staff and event attendees that it is fake and has been checked.
4. Library dress-code (as noted in Library Rules & Regulations) is still enforced. This is a family-friendly event, so please keep that in mind when cosplaying!
5. Library Rules & Regulations apply.
6. Please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on Yuma County Library District social media sites and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the Library photographing and using your image and likeness.
For more information, contact Lauren Regenhardt, Teen Services Manager, at (928) 373-6479.