Participate in fan panels, games, crafts, and cosplay! All attendees will receive a free comic book (while supplies last). All ages welcome. There is no charge to attend.
Keynote speaker Tom Leveen was born and raised in Arizona, and is best known for his Young Adult novels, including Random, Party, Zero, and Sick. Tom has more than twenty-two years of theatre experience as an actor and director, and is the former Artistic Director of two companies. Books will be available for purchase, and book signings will take place after each presentation.
Yuma County Library Comic Con is sponsored by the Friends of Yuma County Libraries, Inc. and Fan-Quest Comics and Games. Funding for Tom Leveen was made possible by the Arizona Humanities Council.
Comic Con Rules
1. Masks are not allowed in the library. For photo purposes, you may put the mask on, but you must take it off after the photo is taken.
2. Weapons must be made of foam or soft material and must look fake. We reserve the right to hold them until the con is over or until you leave.
3. Before you enter the con area, you must have your weapon checked by staff. Upon approval, staff will tie ribbon around the weapon to notify other staff and event attendees that it is fake and has been checked.
4. Library dress-code (as noted in Library Rules & Regulations) is still enforced. This is a family-friendly event, so please keep that in mind when cosplaying!
5. Library Rules & Regulations apply.
6. Please be advised that photographs will be taken at the event for use on Yuma County Library District social media sites and other publications. By entering this event, you consent to the Library photographing and using your image and likeness.
For more information, contact Lauren Regenhardt, Teen Services Manager, at (928) 373-6479.
Can you name the one item that gives you access to information, entertainment, and lifelong learning? It’s your Library Card! Celebrated throughout the month of September, Library Card Sign-up Month encourages people to get a library card and check out what’s new at their library.
Already a cardholder? It’s a great time to update your account information. Receive text and e-mail notifications about library materials on hold, and check out items at the library using our self-check machines and your Smartphone!
This September, “Show Your Card” at local businesses and receive a discount!
276 W. 32nd St. Suite 3
20% off accessories (excluding premium accessories)
1305 Yuma Palms Parkway
$25 off purchase of $100 or more
284 S Main Street ● 11274 S Fortuna Road
Free drink with purchase (excluding alcohol)
Mad Greek Restaurant
1725 S Third Avenue
48 W Third Street
10% off of one item
Sergio’s House of Carpets
50% off padding
Yuma School of Beauty
50 W Third Street
10% off service (September 16th-October 16th)
Register to Win!
AT&T phone cases and noise cancelling headphones
Jennifer Blackwell Photography Gift Certificates
Starbucks coffee and mug
Sponsor Library Card Sign-up Month!
If your business would like to participate, contact Lisa Mendez at (928) 373-6490.
Have you ever read the story of Ender’s Peep? How about The War of the Peeps? See these characters and create your own during the Yuma County Library’s 5th Annual “Peeps” contest!
The theme for 2014 is “Peeps in Space!” Adults, teens, children, and families are invited to make a diorama based on a science fiction book, movie, or TV show using Marshmallow Peeps as the characters. Submit your entry to the Main or Foothills Library before 5:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 19th. Entries will be displayed April 21st-26th for the public to vote on the “Peeple’s Choice” award. Entries for each category will also be judged by a library panel. Winners will be announced the week of April 27th.
Contest guidelines and entry forms are available at the Main Library, 2951 S 21st Drive, and the Foothills Library, 13226 E South Frontage Road.
For more information, call Nicole Perez, Adult Programming Coordinator, at (928) 314-2452.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!