WELCOME BACK! Yuma County libraries are now open with limited services. Here’s what you need to know.
ENTERING THE LIBRARY
Occupancy is limited in each building at all times. Please be aware that you will most likely have to wait in line to get into the library. Your visit will be short, as we must keep building capacity low. Please plan to come and go quickly.
- By order of Yuma County, you must wear a cloth face covering and keep it over your nose and mouth at all times.
- Your temperature cannot be 100.4 degrees or higher.
- Visits will be limited to 30 minutes.
- Selecting materials from the shelves is limited to 30 minutes per day. You may also place items on hold online or over the phone, and wait for confirmation that your materials are ready for pick up.
- Open hours vary for each library. Please call your library or visit your library’s Locations & Hours page to confirm hours.
- Curbside Pick Up
- Library Cards
- eBooks and streaming media, as well as online resources
- Computer, copier, and printer use is limited to 30 minutes, with one session per day per person.
- WiFi is on at all libraries and can be accessed in the parking lot. Please do not congregate with others around the buildings.
- Virtual programs are posted weekly on YCLD’s YouTube and Facebook accounts. There is also a YCLD Book Club on goodreads.com.
- Renew items or place items on hold by calling or accessing your account online.
- Items must be returned in the book drops. Staff cannot take them for you.
SERVICES UNAVAILABLE AT THIS TIME
- Use of meeting and study rooms
- In-person programming
- InterLibrary Loan
- Friends of the Library bookstore
What safety and health measures are the libraries taking?
Here is what we are doing to keep you safe:
- Setting up services to be as contactless as possible.
- Maintaining 6 feet of physical distance from each other.
- Wearing cloth face coverings and gloves.
- Following cleaning and disinfecting protocols put out by the CDC and OSHA.
- All buildings were thoroughly disinfected while we were closed.
We ask that you do your part to keep our staff and other patrons safe. We ask that you:
- Be willing to have your temperature taken before you enter the building. Anyone with a temperature of 100.4 degrees or higher will be asked to come back at a later time.
- Wear a cloth face covering. If you don’t have one, we will provide one. Face coverings are required in all Yuma County facilities.
- Make sure your hands are clean. We will provide hand sanitizing stations.
- Maintain at least 6 feet of distance from anyone else when you visit.
- Keep in mind that your visit will be short.
We appreciate your help keeping everyone safe and healthy.
Can children and teens visit the library?
Yes. However, please keep the following in mind:
- Children ages 10 and under must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver who is 16 or older
- The child must remain with parent/caregiver at all times
- Children cannot be dropped off at the library alone
I’ve had materials checked out since the libraries closed. What about late fines?
As of September 21st, the Yuma County Library District eliminated all late fines.