The Yuma County Library District allows patrons to recommend OverDrive eBooks and digital audiobooks for purchase directly through the OverDrive site.
- Patrons will be able to submit up to 2 recommendations each month for eBooks and digital audiobooks available from OverDrive.
- When a title is recommended, the library’s collection development team will evaluate the title for purchase. If the title meets the library’s collection materials policy and is under $100, it will be purchased. Items that are over $100 will be considered on a title-by-title basis.
- The library will purchase eBooks and digital audiobooks written/narrated in English and Spanish only. Items that are designed to learn a new language will not be limited to English or Spanish.
- Recommendations will be ordered weekly.
- Patrons will have the option to be notified via email if their recommended OverDrive eBook and/or digital audiobook is purchased. A hold will also be placed if the item is purchased.
Requests for eBooks and digital audiobooks will need to be submitted via this method to ensure the items are considered for purchase.