Volunteers Make A Difference!
Volunteers are our Partners
Being a Volunteer:
Volunteers are important partners for the success of the Library District’s mission to be a center for Information, community enrichment, recreational reading, and lifelong learning. Volunteers enhance library services by assisting staff in various capacities. Volunteers share their skills and talents and enjoy the rewards of enriching the lives of others and the community.
Library volunteers come from a wide range of backgrounds and their contribution to the Library, staff, and community is immeasurable. Join us! The Library Volunteer Program will bring you new opportunities, experiences, relationships, and fun!
• Gain valuable work experience
• Acquire new job skills
• Enhance your resume
• Make new Friends
• Earn school credit for community service
• Serve your community
• Enjoy fine free library account
What can Volunteers Do?
• Assist with programs
• Host programs (Professional skill or talent)
• Shelve, clean, and face items
• Assist with displays
• Search for items
• Process new items
• Greet Patrons & Visitors
• Assist with special requests
How to become a Volunteer:
• Must be at least 14 years of age
• Must agree to a minimum of a 6 month commitment
• Must be willing to volunteer a minimum of 2 hours a week
• Must be able to pass a background check
• Court ordered community service is not eligible
If you meet the minimum qualifications, please complete a volunteer application and return to the Library closest to you.
For more information please call (928) 782-1871.
Make a Difference – Volunteer!
In partnership with VolunteerMatch
Looking for other volunteer Opportunities to support your Library?
Check out Friends of the Yuma County Libraries, Inc., Friends of the Foothills Library, or Friends of the Wellton Library. Our Friends are a non-profit organization that supports the Yuma County Library District. Find out more about each Friend’s Group by clicking here.