USE OF THE LIBRARY IS A PRIVILEGE, PROVIDED AS A PUBLIC SERVICE.
1. Weapons are prohibited in Dateland and Roll branches, which are located in schools (ARS§13-3102.A12). All other libraries are posted “No Weapons”; weapons must be placed in self-serve lockers when available (ARS§13-3102.A10).
2. Children under the age of 10 must be supervised at all times by a parent or a caregiver who is 16 years old or older.
3. Personal belongings (purses, briefcases, school backpacks, book bags, etc.) allowed into the Library are subject to inspection.
4. For public safety, duffels, bedrolls, luggage, luggage substitutes, and boxes must be kept outside the library.
5. Persons must be fully dressed in the library – feet, upper torso, and lower torso must be clothed.
6. Keep cell phones and pagers in silent/vibrate mode while inside the Library. Quiet cell phone conversations are allowed.
7. Persons who appear to be under the influence of intoxicants, illegal drugs, or similar substances will be made to leave the premises.
8. Pets, other than official service animals, are prohibited inside the Library.
9. Considerate consumption of snack food or a covered beverage is allowed in the library, unless otherwise noted; staff has the final say on what is permissible. Proper disposal of containers is required.
10. No alcohol is allowed in the Library.
11. No wheeled vehicles of any type are allowed in Library facilities, with the exception of wheelchairs or scooters used by individuals with physical disabilities. Use of these vehicles cannot block or impede access.
12. The following are prohibited:
a. Loud, profane, abusive, or otherwise offensive language, actions, dress, or behaviors
b. Use of any audio devices without headphones
c. Staring to the discomfort of another patron or staff member
e. Tobacco products, smoking, or the simulation of smoking
f. Bathing or washing clothes in fountains or restrooms
g. Transporting, placing, or storing of items in the Library that interfere with the normal functioning by creating safety hazards, denying space to other patrons, or blocking access to library facilities/materials/services
i. Entering staff work/office/meeting areas without staff permission
j. Unreasonable disruption or interference of staff members’ duties
k. Theft, vandalism, or unauthorized use of Library facilities, equipment, or materials
l. Community health risks.
THE LIBRARY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE OF PATRONS’ PROPERTY.
FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH LIBRARY
RULES & REGULATIONS COULD RESULT IN SUSPENSION OF LIBRARY PRIVILEGES.
ADOPTED BY YUMA COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS: 02/03/03_ REVISIONS APPROVED BY LIBRARY BOARD OF TRUSTEES 01/10/17